- History -
- The company was founded in 1949 by Mr. Pierre Guérin in Mauzé-sur-le-Mignon, southwest of France; specialised in the design and the manufacturing of stainless steel dairy equipment, the company grew rapidly and opened a new industrial site in Niort, 25 km from the headquarters, in 1962.
- In the seventies, Pierre Guerin developed activities more internationally and became the exclusive European manufacturer and distributor of the American Company TRICLOVER for the full range of products including sanitary pumps and valves, CIP units, blending systems. During this period the company re-structured its engineering capabilities and became established as a well-known Process integrator for the Food & Beverage and Life Sciences industries.
- Through the acquisition of Moritz Company in 1993, Pierre Guerin reinforced its independency in the mixing and agitation technologies, pursuing an intense policy of innovation in these fields, a key spin off being the development of a patented high performance three-bladed impeller, and more recently introducing magnetic stirrers, helicoid agitators or high speed turbines and rotor-stators for high-tech applications. In 1995 Pierre Guérin acquired Stork Systemas Alimentarios in Burgos, which became Pierre Guérin Iberica, and positioning itself as a leader in Spain for Food & Beverage tanks, process lines and Cheese equipment.
- 1998 represented a turning point for Pierre Guerin position in to the Life Sciences, with the acquisition of Biolafitte, a world reference in the field of laboratory and industrial bioreactors for Biotechnology. Since then, growth in this specialised activity has flourished with many prestigious companies and national organisations preferring to choose Pierre Guérin to build equipment for their various biologics programs: vaccines, therapeutic proteins, monoclonal antibodies, blood derivatives, ingredients, enzymes and biomass, and all around the world: South Africa, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, United States, France, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland, amongst others.
- In the year 2000 Pierre Guérin created a subsidiary Pierre Guérin Ltd to develop market share and services in the UK & Ireland while consolidating its position in the US market with the acquisition of Biolafitte Inc. and then the creation in 2006 of the European/American Joint-Venture DCI-Biolafitte. As a pioneer supplier of wine-making equipment, Pierre Guérin has always led the innovation, in particular in Champagne and Bordeaux vintages, by introducing many new technologies (temperature controls systems, “Pigeage” devices reproducing the historic techniques, multi-compartment tanks, etc.) developed in partnership with some of the most famous wineries and oenologists. 2010, Pierre Guérin continued to innovate in this field with the VinExpert™, a new generation of high performance wine-making tanks also taking into account sustainable technologies. At the same time, capitalising on the references of turn-key units for fresh-cheese and desserts production in Europe, North Africa and Asia, Pierre Guérin consolidated a strong position as a leading vessel specialist and process integrator for the Food & Beverage industries.
- Our core values -
Pierre Guerin’s fundamental success relies on adhering to our core values:
- Customer satisfaction
- Commitment and enthusiasm of our teams
- Industrial excellencies and technical expertise
- Innovation and ability to face challenges
- Durability and strength
- International market development
Our aim is to convince by the professionalism, quality and transparency of our actions. The passion, the driving force and motivator of our business since 1949, remains with us still today.
Our achievements are the result of this energy and successful collaboration. When we retain this pride we echo our Customer’s wishes.
- Quality -
We are committed to build a long term relationship with our customers.
Pierre Guérin developments and successes would not have been possible without the total-quality approach initiated by the Company more than a decade ago: oriented towards Customer Satisfaction and based on a process of continuous improvement.
From preparation of the initial quotation through product design, manufacturing, installation and support, the Pierre Guerin total-quality approach ensures that your expectations are met or exceeded. Our internal processes were created to provide our customers with complete turnkey solutions of assured standards. They are supported by a thorough Quality Assurance System based on ISO 9001 but also GAMP V5 for project management and automation development methodology.